Along with your new companion animal, your Adoption Package Includes:
- Microchip (registration and maintenance fees may apply)
- Coupon for free bag of Purina cat food (adopter pays sales tax)
- Cardboard travel case
- 30 days of ShelterCare pet health insurance (valid email address required)
- Free new adopt exam from the Humane Society of Boulder Valley's veterinary clinic or other local veterinarians. Click here for a list of clinics in Boulder and surrounding areas that provide this service. If you already use a clinic that is not on the list, inquire with them as they may also provide a free exam.
- Sterilization surgery
- Vaccinations for feline distemper and upper respiratory virus
- Preventative deworming treatment
While some of our cats are screened for FeLV/FIV, many healthy cats have been tested for these diseases. We offer a simple test at the time of adoption for $40 to verify FeLV/FIV status.
Vaccinations for animals in the shelter are administered to protect the individual as well as the entire animal population against diseases which are of greatest concern in the shelter environment.
This animal is NOT considered "fully vaccinated" until an examination by a veterinarian post-adoption has reviewed his/her medical history and assessed his/her current and future risks of disease.