Along with your new companion animal, your Adoption Package Includes:
- Voucher for $10 off training services at the HSBV Training and Behavior Center
- Coupon for a free Puppy Social session for puppies up to 4 months of age
- Microchip (registration and maintenance fees may apply)
- Coupon for $1 bag of Purina dog food (adopter pays sales tax)
- 30 days of ShelterCare pet health insurance (valid email address required)
- Free new adopt exam from the Humane Society of Boulder Valley's veterinary clinic or other local veterinarians. Click here for a list of clinics in Boulder and surrounding areas that provide this service. If you already use a clinic that is not on the list, inquire with them as they may also provide a free exam.
- Sterilization surgery
- Rabies vaccination (for dogs 4 months and older)
- Distemper/Parvo vaccine
- Bordetella (kennel cough) vaccine
- Preventative deworming treatment
Vaccinations for animals in the shelter are administered to protect the individual as well as the entire animal population against diseases which are of greatest concern in the shelter environment.
This animal is NOT considered "fully vaccinated" until an examination by a veterinarian post-adoption has reviewed his/her medical history and assessed his/her current and future risks of disease.