Learn fundraising database and data entry skills! Assist the Development Assistant with data entry and other administrative tasks to support the Humane Society of Boulder Valley Development team.
This is the opportunity for you if:
- You have a desire to help out with administrative functions of the Humane Society
- You are available to come in M-F 9am-5pm to volunteer
- You are comfortable working on a computer
- You are detail oriented
What can you expect from your role as a Development Department Helper?
Your service experience will involve:
- Entering constituent information and gifts in the Development database
- Creating mail merges through database software to fulfill donor acknowledgement needs
- Filing hard copies and supporting documentation of gifts
- Assisting with mailings to constituents
- Duties variable, depending on interest and skill level
- Great experience for anyone interested in learning or expanding office skills
- Learn about volunteerism and how it benefits a nonprofit organization
- Volunteering in a calm, quiet setting while still helping the animals
- Satisfaction in documenting gifts and acknowledging donors who support the Humane Society making it possible for us to operate
Your value to the Humane Society of Boulder Valley:
- Your involvement ensures donors are thanked in a timely manner, therefore facilitating and promoting excellent relationships with Humane Society supporters
Training & Skill Development
Complete Volunteer Profile. 2. Contact Development Assistant directly for information/to schedule a first shift.
Commitment: Flexible schedule, typically 2 hours weekly/biweekly, M-F 9am-5pm. Six-month commitment desired. Please phone in or email absences.