Our Thrift & Gift Shop generates nearly half a million dollars annually to support the animals in our care. Help sort donations, price items, create merchandise displays or volunteer as a cashier. To get started, attend an orientation at our Thrift Shop, located at 5320 Arapahoe Avenue.
This opportunity may be a good fit for you if you would like to do the following:
- Meet new people
- Interact with the public
- Like to find recycled treasures
- Be a key role in saving the lives of animals in our community
What can you expect from your role as a Thrift Shop Volunteer?
Your service experience may involve one or more of the following:
- Greet donors and accept incoming donations
- Evaluate donated items and separate saleable items by category
- Act as a liaison between donors and the Thrift & Gift Shop
- Research items to sell in the shop
- Help organize and maintain merchandise on sales floor
- Operate cash register and help customers in the shop
- Help to test and price electronics to sell
- Place items out for sale in the shop
· Be part of a fun, dedicated team of community volunteers
· Be surrounded by affordable, unique “treasures”!
· Be an integrative & essential part of helping to save the lives of homeless animals in your community.
· Volunteers receive 10% off in the Sonnyside Retail Store
Your value to the Humane Society of Boulder Valley:
- Great opportunity for people with a strong desire to financially impact the Humane Society of Boulder Valley and enhance the lives of homeless pets.
- The Thrift Shop generates hundreds of thousands of dollars for the Humane Society every year.
Training & Skill Development
1. Complete Volunteer Profile
2. Attend orientation / schedule a 2-3 hour weekly commitment
3. Hands-on training by staff