Be the face of HSBV for visitors to our Westminster Petsmart adoption center! Welcome incoming clients, answer questions, direct traffic, maintain a list of waiting clients, and answer the phone.
This is the volunteer opportunity for you if:
- You are a people person!
- You are an engaging individual.
- You enjoy multitasking.
- You want to promote adoptions.
- You can quickly learn new software applications.
What can you expect from your role as a PetSmart Receptionist?
Your service experience will involve:
- Greeting and directing incoming traffic to the adoption center.
- Answering general questions about adoptable animals.
- Answering the phone, responding to voice mail messages, and processing adoption hold requests.
- Processing adoption paperwork.
- Participate in an interesting and fast-paced volunteer position.
- Your service is hands-on and is the first step toward adoption!
- Volunteers receive 10% off in the Sonnyside Retail Store
Your value to the Humane Society of Boulder Valley:
- Alleviate adoption center and lobby congestion by greeting and assisting clients
- You help us save more lives by playing an integral role in the expansion of HSBV’s adoption programs.
Training & Skill Development
- Attend a Petsmart Receptionist Training
- Schedule a regular shift with the volunteer department.
Commitment: This opportunity is available Monday through Friday 11:00 am - 7:00 pm and weekends 10:00 am - 5:00 pm. We ask for a two-hour weekly shift for a six-month period, but longer shifts are greatly appreciated!