ANIMAL ADOPTION PROCESS AND INFORMATION:
Our Adoption Center services are available for drop-in visitors, and our hours are Monday through Friday, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Questions? Call us at: (303) 442-4030, or email: email@example.com.
To meet and adopt an animal…
- Come to our shelter during our business hours.
- Ask about an animal’s location at our front desk or walk through our Adoption Centers.
- Once you find the location for an animal, remove the entire sleeve from the front of that animal’s kennel and bring it to the front desk.
- Give us your name and a phone number that accepts text messages.
- Before your adoption or meet, we may ask you to wait in the lobby or outside until staff and space become available.
- Meet the animal!
- Complete adoption paperwork or place an adoption hold.
Please view the animals we currently have available for adoption on our website before coming to the shelter. If you arrive before we open, please wait outside our Adoption Lobby in line with other clients. A marker on the ground indicates where the line begins and stepping out from the line before we have gathered your information will result in you losing your space in line.
If you decide to adopt, we will complete your adoption with payment and paperwork to make everything official!
Placing an animal on “hold”
HSBV offers adoption holds for available animals both onsite at the shelter, or by phone during business hours. You may place a 1st hold for a $30 non-refundable service fee to support the cost of care and administration of your hold.
At this time, we do not place animals on hold via social media request.
- 1st holds for non-dog/cat species with adoption fees of less than $50 can be placed for a $10 non-refundable service fee.
- 1st holds are valid through close of business the following day.
- If you are interested in an animal who has a first hold, you may place a 2nd hold for a $15 non-refundable fee.
- If the client with the 1st hold chooses not to adopt or their hold expires, you will become the 1st hold and will be notified of your status. Your new 1st hold will reserve the animal through the end of the following business day.
- Adoption holds are placed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Clients who are in-person, at the shelter, will be given priority.
*Hold fees are administrative and therefore non-refundable, are not tax-deductible donations, and are not applied towards the adoption fee.